Poudreuse means powder snow in French. That’s what this crochet wrap pattern for beginner reminds me of. The yarn is so light and fluffy and the very light blue color is nearly the blue of ice in the mountains.
The Poudreuse Wrap is an easy biased chunky crochet scarf pattern in 2 colors. Only simple stitches are used as well as the bead stitch for some added texture and just a little twist (fully explained in the pattern don’t worry).
No time right now? Pin this crochet wrap pattern for later!
*This post contains affiliate links (only for products I love, use and spend my own money on obviously). This means I earn some yarn money if you make a purchase through one of these links (of course at no extra cost for you!), which I promise to use to create more awesome patterns like this one. In addition, some posts are sponsored by yarn companies. All opinions are my own. See my full disclosure here.
Because of it’s simple, yet elegant design, it’s big comfy size and soft yarn the Poudreuse Wrap can be worn for many occasions.
- You can wear it at home as a crochet blanket scarf when you snuggle in front of the fireplace or watch a good show (Grey’s Anatomy for me please!).
- Wear it as a giant scarf on cold winter days.
- You can wear it on your shoulders, as the elegant crochet wrap it is, over a cute dress to go out. I’m always freezing when I decide to wear a cute dress for date night, no more with my Poudreuse Wrap.
- You can wear it at work as a cover-up when the aircon is too cold (that’s me every day lately).
I could go on and on but I think you get the idea, you can wear it anytime (ok maybe not if you go sunbathing on the beach).
A free ad-supported version of the Poudreuse wrap pattern is available as a guest post on Joy of Motion Crochet’s blog over here.
Scroll down for the free version but if you prefer to purchase the cheap ad-free PDF Pattern to get all the instructions and pictures in a nice PDF you can print and take notes on without relying on your phone or an internet connection, I’ve got you covered!
The Poudreuse wrap is now available in my Etsy shop or on Raverly. Grab your copy now.
What will you need?
- 9 mm / US 13 crochet hook
- Bulky yarn. 3 skeins (approx 510m / 560 yards) in the main color and 1.5 skeins (approx 260m / 285 yards) in the contrasting color. I used Zeeman Julia yarn in light blue (main color) and denim blue (contrasting color). This is a soft yarn with a 20% wool and 80% acrylic blend.
- Tapestry needle to weave in the ends. I love this set as it has different eye sizes for different yarn thicknesses and it comes in a small tube which is very convenient so I don’t lose them.
Because the yarn I used is not available everywhere, and I know how painful it is to try to find equivalent yarn which will give you the same effect I have selected a few equivalent yarns for you.
- Paintbox Yarns Simply Chunky: Out of the 50 shades they offer I’m sure you’ll find what you need.
- Lion Brand Color Made Easy: Soft and trendy colors
- Brava Bulky Yarn: A very affordable alternative
Size of the Poudreuse Crochet Wrap
The Poudreuse wrap is 2m25 long and 50cm wide. You can easily adjust the width by adding/removing a multiple of 2 stitches to the starting chain. To adjust the length you can just add or remove rows.
Go check out the full pattern over here.
Since you like the Poudreuse Wrap, these might interest you too?