No time right now? Pin this easy summer crochet cardigan pattern for later!
*This post contains affiliate links (only for products I love, use and spend my own money on obviously). This means I earn some yarn money if you make a purchase through one of these links (of course at no extra cost for you!), which I promise to use to create more awesome patterns like this one. In addition, some posts are sponsored by yarn companies. All opinions are my own. See my full disclosure here.
Are you ready for those sunshine-y days? Are you ready for sunscreen, beach days, and the slow melting of frozen treats?
Either way, the June coverup is the pattern you need. A simple summer cardigan crochet pattern, this lacy number is the perfect balance of lightweight and comfy coverage.
Get your hook ready, this simple pattern is soon to become a summer favorite. Take a look at the pattern now!
A Simple Construction
The cardigan is worked in 2 long panels sewed together. Each panel is worked lengthwise in rows back and forth. The panels are then folded in half and sewed at the back and on the sides.
The lace stitch pattern is a simple combination of basic stitches (chains, single crochet, double crochet and treble crochet) and following special stitches:
- The June Summer Crochet Cardigan pattern uses the open mesh stitch. You can find a detailed step by step stitch tutorial here.
- Puff stitch (6 hdc puff worked all in one st) = yo, insert hook in indicated st, yo, pull up a loop, [yo, insert hook in same st, yo, pull up a loop] 5 times, yo, pull through all 13 loops on the hook. Ch 1 to close the puff stitch (doesn’t count as a stitch).
Summer Cardigan Crochet Stitch Chart
For the visual learners, the crochet summer cardigan pattern includes a chart for the stitch repeat used throughout the cardigan.
If you need help learning to read crochet charts, my online course Conquer Charts & Graphs is a great place to start!
Downloadable PDF June Summer Cardigan Crochet Pattern
As part of the Hobbii Plus platform, the June Summer Cardigan Pattern is available in German here.
What You’ll Need for the June Summer Crochet Cardigan Pattern
- 3.5 mm / US E – 4 hook.
- Hobbii Twister (55% Cotton, 45% Acrylic, 100 g / 3.5 oz, 400 m / 437 yd) in Marsala (111). You will need 4 (6) skeins
- Tapestry needle to weave in the ends.
June Summer Cardigan Crochet Pattern Sizes
The crochet cardigan pattern is available in 2 hybrid sizes:
- Small: designed to fit up to XL size
- Big: designed to fit 2XL to 5XL.
Sizes are written as small (big) throughout the pattern. Pictures illustrate the small size.
The cardigan is designed with a loose fit.
Below are the final cardigan dimensions for the different sizes.
- Small: bust 120 cm / 47.25”
- Big: bust 174 cm / 68.5”
The length for all sizes is 74 cm / 32.5”. To adjust the length, add/remove a multiple of 20 to the starting chain (don’t forget to adjust your yarn quantity accordingly).
The gauge for this pattern, in dc, is 21 st by 12 rows for a 10 cm by 10 cm / 4” by 4” square.