What do you do with your leftover yarn? You know these half-used skeins and little bits and pieces you have left over after finishing a project.
I hate throwing any yarn away! So I keep every little piece and always find a way to use it later. Sometimes it’s just a few weeks later, sometimes it stays in my scrap yarn jar for a while.
To help you figure out what to do with all these small leftovers of beautiful yarn, I’ve teamed up with a bunch of great designers to bring you the Stash Busting Challenge!
For the next 4 weeks, we challenge you to use up some of your leftover yarn. To help you, we’re sharing a new set of free PDF patterns every week.
No time right now? Save these leftover yarn project ideas for later!
How Does the Stash Busting Challenge Work?
Each week from June 15th to July 12th, a new set of PDF patterns is made available for you to download for free. Make sure you save this page as this is where you’ll find the links to each pattern!
To make things easier for you, the coupon code to use for all patterns throughout the event is SBCHALLENGE.
You’ll find all the patterns below. Click the link of the ones you want to grab. This will bring you to the designer’s blog post about their design with all the info and more pictures. In that post you’ll find the download button (the same as shown below). Once you click it, it will bring you to Ravelry where you can enter your coupon code and download it for free.
This event is not only a great opportunity to snag free PDF patterns to use up your yarn stash but also a great opportunity to discover new designers!
Take the time to look through their websites and designs, you might find your new favorite designer!
Sign up for Reminders
Every week a new set of patterns will be uploaded here. Make sure you’re the first to know when they are available by signing up to my event email list below
Share your Projects
We love seeing your projects!
Knitting Patterns using Leftover Yarn
It was tricky finding knitting designers to participate in our challenge (if you know any, don’t hesitate to have them reach out to me [email protected]) for the remaining weeks!
Therefore, many of the patterns below are crochet. If you’re looking for the knitting patterns using leftover yarn, I’ve highlighted them in pink for you!
Week 1: June 15th – June 21st
1. Charlie Cowl by Knitting with Chopsticks
2. Crochet Wine Bottle Holder by Fosbas Design
3. Quick Dice Bag by Crafting Each Day
4. Knit Look Crochet Beer Cozies by Made by Gootie
5. Mitered Crochet Kitchen Towel by The Loophole Fox
6. Criss Cross Mini Tote by Loops and Love Crochet
7. Cup & Ice Cream Pint Cozy by Simply Hooked by Janet
8. Crochet chevron headband by Toys Lab Creations
9. Simple Mesh Mug Rug by Juniper and Oakes
10. Scrappy block scarf by Sunflower Cottage Crochet
11. Team Spirit headband by Remington Lane
12. Lumi Cowl by Banana Moon Studio
13. Nesting Basket Set by Carroway Crochet
Week 2: June 22 – June 28
1. Strawberry Seed Baby Hat by Knitting with Chopsticks
2. Summer Crossed Pair by Crafting for Weeks
3. Blooming mug cozy and placemat by Fosbas Designs
4. Snuggle Bonding Squares by Crafting Each Day
5. Catherine’s wheel purse by Made by Gootie
6. Spiral 3D applique by Simply Hooked by Janet
7. Simple Bobble Basket by Juniper and Oakes
8. Stingray amigurumi by Loops and Love Crochet
9. Crochet Plant Pot Cover by Knitz N Purlz
10. Boho Mug Rug by Carroway Crochet
11. Easy Plant Pot Cover by Off the Hook for You
12. Crayon Pencil Case by Sunflower Cottage Crochet
13. Crochet Knit Look Neck Warmer by Toyslab Creations
14. Simple Farmhouse Towel by The Loophole Fox
15. Preemie Lovey Baby Blanket by Madame Stitch
16. McAlester Mittens by Banana Moon Studio
Week 3: June 29 – July 5
1. Easter Basket by Knitting with Chopsticks
2. Wide Ribbed Pumpkin by Crafting Each Day
3. Spider Stitch Washcloth by Made by Gootie
4. Granny Square Accent Pillow by Madame Stitch
5. Daisy Square Bag by Carroway Crochet
6. Chevron Stripes Pouch by Loops and Love Crochet
7. Piedmont Headband by Bananamoon Studio
8. Harlow Wall Hanging by Juniper & Oakes
9. Sweet Stripes Freeze Pop Holder by Green Fox Farms Designs
10. Connection Square Washcloth by Sunflower Cottage Crochet
11. Radiant Hand Towel by The Loophole Fox
12. Crochet Coaster and Bow by Toys Lab Creations
13. Elisabeth Stitch Cowl by Off the Hook for You
14. Easy Breezy High Knee Socks by Fosbas Designs
Week 4: July 6 – 12
- Boutchou Baby Booties by Knitting with Chopsticks
2. Crochet Pinafore Dress by Fosbas Designs
3. Winter Wonderland Coasters by Madame Stitch
4. Lila Coaster by Crafting Each Day
5. Super Simple Dish Cloth by Carroway Crochet
6. Diamond Coaster by Made by Gootie
7. Simple Seed Coaster by Noors Knits
8. Whale Amigurumi by Loops and Love Crochet
9. Bruges Bracelet by Bananamoon Studio
10. Striped Moss Plant Cover by Juniper & Oakes
11. Coco & Chanel the Cat by Roxy’s Crochet
12. Unicorn Cup Cozy by Green Fox Farms Designs
13. Xs can and glass bottle cozy by Sunflower Cottage Crochet
14. Crochet Face Scrubbies by Off the Hook for You
15. Radiant Soap Saver by The Loophole Fox
16. Twisted Ribbed Headband by Toyslab Creations
More Stash Busting Patterns
Looking for more small and quick projects you can whip up with leftover yarn from your stash?
Take a look at the previous year’s Stash Busting Challenges: