What do you do with your leftover yarn? You know those small balls of yarn and partial skeins you have leftover from previous projects?
Don’t throw it out or discard it! Keep them all in a small jar or container and when it’s full, it’s time for some stash busting projects!
That’s what we are here for! It’s time to give you some ideas of small, quick and cute projects you can make using this yarn. These leftover yarn projects are also great for quick gifts, it’s a win-win in my book!
I challenged my designer friends with helping us create a list of projects perfect for all that leftover yarn to share over the coming weeks!
Using this list, you’ll easily clear out your own scrap yarn pile.
No time right now? Pin these scrap yarn project ideas for later!
The Stash Busting Challenge
The Stash Busting Challenge 2021 is over but you can still access all the patterns for free on the designer’s websites!
Sign up for my email list below and be the first to know when the next challenge starts!
The 2022 stash busting challenge is in full swing! Make sure you join the fun and grab all the free PDF patterns here.
Leftover Yarn Projects Week 1: June 9 – 15
1. Crochet Glasses Case by Joy of Motion Crochet
2. Fold over phone case by Sunflower Cottage Crochet
3. Iris stitch in a square hot pad by Made by Gootie
4. Sunflower Applique by Raffamusa Designs
5. Sunshine Crochet Coasters by Crafting Each Day
6. Lotte Lace Corner Bookmark by Blue Star Crochet Company
7. Super Simple Crochet Coaster by Sigoni Macaroni
8. Chevron Stripes Pouch by Loops and Love Crochet
9. Crochet Puff Stitch Face Scrubbies by Desert Blossom Crafts
10. Easy Boho Evening Purse by King and Eye
11. Heart Jar Cosy by Hooked on Patterns
12. Palm Tree Key Chain by Through the Loop Yarn Crafts
13. Leopard Clutch by E’Claire Makery
14. Super Scrappy Scarf by Carroway Crochet
15. Linen potholder by me, Knitting with Chopsticks
Leftover Yarn Projects Week 2: June 16 – 22
- Hydrangea Blanket Square by me, Knitting with Chopsticks
2. Classic Striped Dishtowel by Joy of Motion Crochet
3. Norja Napkin Rings by Sunflower Cottage Crochet
4. Fruit Slices Keychains by Raffamusa Designs
5. Flower Face Scrubbies by Made by Gootie
6. Crochet Oval Placemat Pattern by Crafting Each Day
7. Cottage Blanket by Blue Star Crochet Company
8. Stash Buster Sweater by Two Brothers Blankets
9. Amigurumi Cupcakes by Loops and Love Crochet
10. Cable Cafetiere Cozy by Cloudberry Crochet
11. Candy Swirl Spiral Coaster by Hooked on Patterns
12. Minimalist Wall Hanging by Noor’s Knits
13. Square Woven Basket by Knitz and Purlz
14. Dad’s Soap on a Rope by Through The Loop Yarn Crafts
15. Happily Ever After Shawl by E’Claire Makery
16. Kitchen Tea Towel by My Crochet Space
17. Rainbow Fringe Bralette by Carroway Crochet
18. Moss Stitch Headband by Desert Blossom Crafts
19. Cotton Face Scrubbie by Remingron Lane Crochet
Leftover Yarn Projects Week 3 : June 23 – 29
- Candy Cane Blanket Square by me, Knitting with Chopsticks
2. Classic Striped Potholder by Joy of Motion Crochet
3. Page Mod Scarf by Sunflower Cottage Crochet
4. Penelope Placemat by Made by Gootie
5. Jellyfish and Octopus Appliques by Raffamusa Designs
6. Gracie Gift Bag by Crafting Each Day
7. Wedge Project Bag by Blue Star Crochet
8. WIP Pattern Bag by Fosbas Crochet
9. Triangle Bunting by Three Fates Creations
10. C2C Lemon Peel Dishcloth by Loops and Love Crochet
11. Eyeball Coasters by Hooked on Patterns
12. Any Way Skinny Wrap by Through the Loop Yarn Crafts
13. Monstera Clutch by E’Claire Makery
14. Crochet Thick Potholder by My Crochet Space
15. Happy Scrappy Sweater by Carroway Crochet
16. Seaside Mug Rug by Desert Blossom Crafts
17. Pankh Dishcloth by Knitter Knotter
18. USA Mug Rug by Remington Lane