Janne, from Joy of Motion Crochet and I decided to challenge all our designer friends and you to help us all finally know what to do with leftover yarn!
With these scrap yarn project, we’ll help you clear out those small bits and pieces of scrap yarn we all have lying around.
You know, that jar of tiny balls of leftover yarn from past projects. And the less than half skeins of yarn you never know what to do with.
With The Stash Busting Challenge you’ll transform these in fun, cute, and useful scrap yarn projects to gift or for your own use.
No time right now? Pin these scrap yarn project ideas for later!
How does the Yarn Stash Busting Challenge work?
Each week, designers shared a new set of scrap yarn projects crochet and/or knit. Unfortunately, the challenge is now over but you can find all of the challenge’s 111 free scrap yarn projects below!
Make sure you don’t miss the next challenge! Signup below to be the first to know when I’ll host a new challenge.
Share what to do with leftover yarn!
Isn’t it pretty cool so many designers came together to offer you all these free patterns to help you figure out what to do with your leftover yarn?
If this is an event you enjoy, the other designers & I would really appreciate it if you could share the event!
Use the buttons below to let your yarnie friends in your favorite Facebook group know or share it in your Instagram stories (tag me @knittingwithchopsticks). I’m pretty sure they’ll thank you for it!
Week 1: April 1st to April 7th
This week is over but you can access all the free scrap yarn patterns on the designer’s websites!
1. Easy Plant Hanger by Joy of Motion Crochet
2. Pretty in Pink Booties by Fosbas Design
3. Brighton Beanie by Stitch and Hound
4. Party Bear Coasters by Raffamusa Design
5. Easter Eggs by Desert Blossom Crafts
6. Daisy Headband by BearRye
7. Llama wall hanging by E’ClaireMakery
8. Crochet Ragdoll Heart by Yarnhild
9. X Bangle by Creations by Courtney
10. Ice Cream Cozy by Sigoni Macaroni
11. Simple and Sweet Bow Tie Head Warmer by Itchin for Some Stitchin
12. Kimono Baby Booties by The Blue Elephants
13. Luxe Spa Headband by Through the Loop YC
14. Lacy Little Hat by Crafting Each Day
15. Knotted Mesh Headband by Sweet Thing Crochet
16. Peak-a-Boo Baby Hat by me, Knitting with Chopsticks
Week 2: April 8th to 14th
This week is over but you can access all the free projects for leftover yarn on the designer’s websites!
1. Crochet Coasters by Joy of Motion Crochet
2. Tunisian Crochet Tresca Potholder by Raffamusa Designs
3. Triangular Headband by Bear Rye
4. Diamond Reflection Cowl by Another Mum Fights the Dust
5. Bobble Fingerless Gloves by E’ClaireMakery
6. Marley Beanie by the Blue Elephants
7. Cali the Cactus by The Loophole Fox
8. Cross Bookmark by Edith Blayn
9. Coco Earrings by Creations by Courtney
10. Forest Trail Headband by Ned and Mimi
11. Two (or more) colour cowl by King and Eye
12. Monkey Around Boot Cuffs by Through the Loop YC
13. Tulip Twist Headband by Burgundy and Blush
14. Boho Plant Hanger by Brittany Alice Crochet
15. Mason jar cozies by Carroway Crochet
16. Arewa Bracelet by Fosbas Designs
17. Crochet ragdoll jellyfish by Yarn Hild
18. Two toned Scrunchies by Desert Blossom Crafts
19. Sweet Daisies Potholder by Needle Klankers
20. Farmhouse Washcloth by Sunflower Cottage Crochet
21. Suze-Anna Raceback Top by Desamour Designs
22. Easter Eggs by Itchin’ for Some Stitchin’
23. Baby Bunny Hat by Hanjan Crochet
24. Embossed Heart Pouch by Sweet Thing Crochet
25. Mini Unicorn Amigurumi by Loops and Love Crochet
26. Stash Busting Washcloth by Crafting Each Day
27. Freeze Pop Sleeve by Sigoni Macaroni
28. Finally, Soap Socks by me, Knitting with Chopsticks
Week 3: April 15th to 21st
This week is over but you can still access all the free stash busting patterns on the designer’s websites!
- Sunday at the Pool Coasters by Knitting with Chopsticks
2. Striped Sunglasses Pouch by Joy of Motion Crochet
3. Basketweave Baby Booties by Raffamusa Designs
4. Quick and Easy Earrings by Desert Blossom Crafts
5. Spring Sparkle Coasters by Noors Knits
6. Baby Knit Booties by The Blue Elephants
7. Diamonds Hat by Creations by Courtney
8. Zipper Pouch by Ned and Mimi
9. Butterfly Cardigan by E’ClaireMakery
10. Team Spirit Scrunchie by Simply Hooked by Janet
11. Flower Face Scrubs by Burgundy and Blush
12. Sideways Dishcloth by No Hooks Given
13. Assorted Rose Bouquet by The Loophole Fox
14. Fox Face Brooche by Cloudberry Cat
15. N Stitch Mug Cozy by Sunflower Cottage Crochet
17. Summerside Dishcloth by Through the Loop YC
18. Diamond Bobble Scrubie by Sweet Thing Crochet
19. Spiral Baby Hat by Crafting Each Day
20. Simple Basket by Yarn Hild
21. Honeycomb Cowl by One Little Hook
22. Short and Chunky Fingerless Gloves by Corroway Crochet
23. Whale Amigurumi by Loops and Love Crochet
24. Easy AF Crochet Headband by Brittany Alice Crochet
25. Reusable Crochet Ear Protector by Sigoni Macaroni
26. Spring Modern Granny Infinity Scarf by Itchin’ for some Stitchin’
27. Venus’s Looking Glass Motif by Needle Klankers
28. Tunesian Mug Rug by Desamour Design
29. Florabelle Fingerless Gloves by Edith Blayn
30. Easy Boho Evening Purse by King and Eye
31. Arewa Ear Warmer by Fosbas Design
Week 4: April 22nd to 28th
This week is over but you can still access all the scarp yarn patterns free on the designer’s websites!
- Happy Feet Baby Socks by Knitting with Chopsticks
2. You favorite potholder by Joy of Motion Crochet
3. Strawberry Pacifier Clip by Raffamusa Designs
4. Rosebud Beanie by The Blue Elephants
5. 3 face scrubbies and bowl by Edyth Blayn
6. Woodland Tote by Desert Blossom Crafts
7. Western Style Wall Hanging by Simply Hooked by Janet
8. Primrose granny square by Sunflower Cottage Crochet
9. Everlasting Infinity Scarf by Through the Loop Yarn Crafts
10. Stashbusting Lace Scarf by Crafting Each Day
11. Crocus Headband by Burgundy and Blush
12. Seaglass Bandana Scarf by Hanjan Crochet
13. Two Toned Beanie by E’ClaireMakery
14. Crochet Flower Pattern by Another Mum Fights the Dust
15. Ice Cream Cone by the Loophole Fox
16. Butterfly Chapsticks Cozy by Sweet Thing Crochet
17. Tunesian Twist Earwarmer by One Little Hook
18. Ombre Coasters by Ned and Mimi
19. Dreamer Beanie by Carroway Crochet
20. Zig Zag Zipper Bag by Loops and Love Crochet
21. Mandala Monster by Sigoni Macaroni
22. Big and Thick Dishcloth Scrubbie by Itchin’ for some Stitchin’
23. Not Knit Dishcloth by Desamours Designs
24. Rainbow Dreams Wall Hanging by Stuck on You Crochet
25. T-shirt yarn crochet slippers by Knitz N Purlz
26. Saphire Star Granny Square by Ceochet Cloudberry
27. Alpine Crochet Purse by Brittany Alice Crochet
28. Palm Tree Tapestry Bag by Creations by Courtney
29. The Flora Flower by Yarn Hild
30. All Tied Up Headband by Needle Klankers
31. Sunglasses Case by Pine Tree Crochet
32. Slouchy Hypster Beanie by King and Eye
33. Cute Pouch by Fosbas Design
Still haven’t found what to do with your leftover yarn? Here’s a few extra’s from the blog:
Enjoyed the stash busting challenge? Sign up below so you’re the first to know when we host a new one!