Why is everything tiny so damned cute? Anytime I knit or crochet something for babies, I’m always amazed at how cute baby items are. The Strawberry Seed Baby Set knitting pattern is no different. It’s an adorable set of 4 baby knitting patterns: baby hat, baby cardigan, cute Baby booties and a baby blanket (which also looks great in adult sizes)
No time right now? Pin this baby set knitting pattern for later.
*This post contains affiliate links (only for products I love, use and spend my own money on obviously). This means I earn some yarn money if you make a purchase through one of these links (of course at no extra cost for you!), which I promise to use to create more awesome patterns like this one. In addition, some posts are sponsored by yarn companies. All opinions are my own. See my full disclosure here.
All 4 matching patterns are knitted on straight needles. No need for DPN, circular needles (if you have no idea what I’m talking about my Ultimate Guide to Knitting Needles will help) or ninja skills to make these items.
A beginner knitter ready to tackle his next challenge can definitely make these. The most daunting part are the eyelets which are actually very easy to make. A simple yarn over and knit 2 stitches together do the trick. If you’re still scared, have a look at the quick video tutorial below. I’m sure you can do it!
The booties, hat and cardigan are sized 3 to 24 months while the blanket is graded for all standard blanket sizes.
The patterns are have all been released on the blog:
- You can already find the baby booties here.
- Find the sweater pattern here.
- The hat pattern is here.
- The blanket pattern is available here.
I hate teasing and I hate having to wait that’s why you can already grab the ad-free PDF Pattern set (at a 30% discount) to get all the instructions and pictures in a nice PDF you can print and take notes on without relying on your phone or an internet connection!
Head over to my Etsy shop and add this cute set to your cart before you forget.
I loved working with this affordable 100% Alpaca wool yarn. It really slides effortlessly on your needless. The pink color has some hues of bleu which really give it a more sophisticated note. The offwhite is just how I like it, not real white but it doesn’t lean on the yellow creamish either.
Unfortunately, this yarn seems unavailable on Amazon currently so I have listed a few suggestions for substitutes here:
- 5 mm / US 8 knitting needles. Although classic straight needles is all you need for all of the patterns in the set, the blanket is more comfortable with circular needles because of the big number of stitches to hold on the needles. (Confused about all these types of needles? This post is for you)
- Worsted weight wool yarn: 5 100g skeins of pink and 6 100g skeins of white.
- Tapestry needle to weave in the ends. I love this set as it has different eye sizes for different yarn thicknesses and it comes in a small tube which is very convenient so I don’t lose them.
Grab your Strawberry Seed Baby Set knitting patterns.