A new cardigan crochet pattern, the Willow Cardigan, is now available in my Etsy & Ravelry shops.
Fall is in the air with the Willow Cardigan. Beautifully textured leaves decorate the bottom edge and sleeves of this super bulky crochet cardigan pattern.
Warm and cozy, wear it as a fall coat for a winter walk or snuggle up inside on cold winter days.
No time right now? Pin this chunky cardigan crochet pattern for later!
*This post contains affiliate links (only for products I love, use and spend my own money on obviously). This means I earn some yarn money if you make a purchase through one of these links (of course at no extra cost for you!), which I promise to use to create more awesome patterns like this one. All opinions are my own. See my full disclosure here.
Inspired by the falling leaves during the autumn months, the Willow cardigan features beautifully textured leaves along the bottom edge and sleeve cuffs.
Whether you’re looking for a new cardigan to snuggle up into in front of the fireplace and crochet, go out with friends or for a walk in the forest, this warm chunky crochet cardigan pattern is what you need.
Worked up with super bulky yarn, it works up in no time! The most challenging part are the leave sections (which come with both written and chart instructions!), the rest are simple double crochet stitches you can breeze through.
The cardigan pattern is available in sizes XS to 5XL, more details on sizes below.
Why I Recommend You Purchase the PDF Pattern
If you’ve never used PDF patterns before, you are missing out on so much convenience!
- You don’t need to take screenshots of the pattern
- You don’t need to have your computer, phone or tablet around to work on your project.
- You don’t need to panic if your husband accidentally closed the page
- You can take notes, highlight your size and write down where you are.
- When your best friend begs you to make her the same sweater, you have the pattern ready.
- It’s a great way to support the blog so I can continue to bring you knitting tutorials.
Grab the printable PDF of the Willow Cardigan crochet pattern is now in my Etsy shop or on Ravelry:
More Crochet Cardigan Patterns You'll Love
As part of the Hobbii Plus platform, the Willow Cardigan crochet pattern is available in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, German, Dutch, English (US/UK), and French.
Get the pattern in these languages here.
What You’ll Need for the Willow Crochet Cardigan Pattern
- 10 mm / US N – 9 hook.
- Hobbii Umami (super bulky, 78% Premium Acrylic, 22% Wool, 83m/91yd, 150g/5.3oz) in colors Sea Foam (25) color: 7 (9, 12, 14, 17) skeins
- Tapestry needle to weave in the ends. I love this set as it has different eye sizes for different yarn thicknesses and it comes in a small tube which is very convenient so I don’t lose them.
Hobbii Umami yarn is very similar to LionBrand Wool Ease Thick and Quick. It’s a super bulky wool acrylic blend that is both easy to work with and comfortable to wear. It comes in 26 different shades
Crochet Cardigan Sizes
The crochet sweater pattern is available in the following sizes: XS, S/M, L/XL, 2XL/3XL, 4XL/5XL. Sizes are written as XS (S/M, L/XL, 2XL/3XL, 4XL/5XL) throughout the pattern. Pictures illustrate the S/M size.
The sweater is designed with a loose fit, 5 – 15 cm / 2” to 6” ease at the bust.
Below are the final cardigan measurements for the different sizes.
- XS: bust 80 cm / 31.5”, length 73 cm / 28.75”
- S / M: bust 104 cm / 41”, length 77 cm / 30.25”
- L / XL: bust 128 cm / 50.5”, length 82 cm / 32.25”
- 2XL / 3XL: bust 149 cm / 58.5”, length 86 cm / 34”
- 4XL / 5XL: bust 170 cm / 67”, length 91 cm / 36”
Instructions to adjust the length are included in the pattern.
The crochet cardigan body is worked in one piece from the bottom up. It is then divided in 3 sections to form the back and both front panels. The panels are sewed together at the shoulders. The sleeves are worked from the cuff up and sewed to the cardigan body.
The crochet cardigan pattern includes both charts and written instructions for the leaves sections.
If you are not familiar with crochet charts, my Conquer Charts & Graphs workshop is there to help you!